Our growth, your future.
We are currently recruiting for a bright and ambitious trainee for our market leading insurance team. Join one of the largest and strongest insurance practices, bringing your ambition, initiative and entrepreneurial mindset to a global business that’s redefining the expectations of a law firm.
With over 400 lawyers we operate serving the insurance industry globally across more than 40 countries. We are still locally connected, because trusting, collaborative relationships with our clients and each other are at the hearth of our success.
Our Italian insurance practice is ranked Band 1 with Chambers Europe and we have a unique expertise in managing legal issues relating to corporate and professional risks and their litigation and insurance implications, with an emphasis on matters relating to corporate liability and the liability of directors and officers, financial institutions, professionals, as well as on large, complex and cross-border claims.
DLA Piper thrives on complex challenges and delivers exceptional results to clients. We’re trusted advisors, innovators and game-changers, going above and beyond to accelerate growth and open new opportunities - the perfect place to develop and achieve your ambitions.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting primary domestic and multinational life and non-life (re)insurers, Lloyd’s entities, intermediaries, banks, capital providers, regulators and other insurance industry participants (including insurers) on insurance claims and relevant disputes and risk management issues in general
- The workstream also includes wide spectrum advisory work for the above mentioned clients, including with regard to regulatory issues and the development of new insurance products
- Excellent academic marks
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- At least 6 months experience in litigation and commercial insurance gained in a leading law firm
- Be able to demonstrate understanding of the technical issues that are key to our clients
- Knows and understands how to best utilise information and research resources
- Excellent skills in communication and team-working
- Provides a professional, quality service in a timely manner, and responds effectively to requests from internal and external clients
- Creates confidence in the team and the firm
- Works co-operatively in a team, sharing information and knowledge
- Manages time effectively and efficiently
- Builds and develops own network of internal and external contacts
- Maintains a controlled, objective and flexible approach under pressure
- Exhibits behaviour consistent with the firm's values and builds relationships based on respect, trust and integrity
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
At DLA Piper we are working hard to ensure that our talent pool is diverse. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual.
We know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued and that's why we strive to be a business where everyone can thrive, develop and succeed based on their talent. Our aim is to build an inclusive and supportive culture where all our people feel they belong and can achieve their best.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best.
If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations, should they be required.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.
Primary Location: Italy-Rome Other Locations: Italy-Milan Job: Litigation & Regulatory Schedule: Full-time
IT Specialist area storage - IBM CIC ItalyIBMIntroduction The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship10 hour agoShareMilano, Lombardia
Field Sales Executive - BergamoDHL Express(20005RW) Italy-Bergamo-Azzano San Paolo | Full-time | Permanent | Standard WOULD YOU LIKE TO BECOME PART OF OUR TEAM SALES? WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE PART OF THE MOST13 hour agoShareAzzano San Paolo, Lombardia
Client Sales Lead BSS, ADM&MSIT Telecom ItaliaEricssonDate: Sep 22, 2020 As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When1 day agoShareRoma, Lazio
Deputy General Counsel, D1World Food Programme. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we1 day agoShareRoma, Lazio
Trade Marketing TraineeDANONEEver thought of doing an internship at Danone? Join us and challenge yourself in Trade Marketing! TRADE MARKETING TRAINEE – INTERNSHIP/STAGE For our Specialized1 day agoShareMilano, Lombardia