- Performs pharmacy dispensing services.
- Performs pharmacy compounding functions.
- Works in intravenous additive solution area and performs sterile solution area and performs sterile solution operations.
- Performs administrative and logistical functions.
- Performs clinical inspections and maintains work area and equipment.
- Provides training, assistance, and technical oversight as required.
Job family (Series)
0661 Pharmacy Technician
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent is subject to random testing for drug use
- May be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires the ability to discern colors and contrast
- Will be required to participate in the Tuberculosis (TB) program
- May be subject to testing and/or immunization programs for HEP B/Rubella, as determined for health and safety of employees
- Will be required to take Basic Life Support (BLS) training and obtain certification
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification is highly desired
- This is a Term Position NTE 13 Months which may be extended without competition
- No PCS Cost, Recruitment is limited ONLY to the local commuting area of Aviano
Click here to view Qualification Standards
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-05, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes performing technical support work in a pharmacy; applying practical knowledge of: pharmaceutical nomenclature; characteristics, strengths, and dosage forms of pharmaceuticals; pharmaceutical systems of weights and measures and pharmaceutical procedures and techniques; operating and maintaining pharmacy equipment.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-05 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-06 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Thorough knowledge of pharmacy practices, procedures, and operations IAW state, Federal. and AF regulations to perform a variety of complex and technical functions. These include administrative requirements, reports, and documentation governing the receiving, safeguarding, and issuing of prescription, over the counter, and controlled medications, and the use of drug information sources.
- Thorough knowledge of standard pharmacy procedures and techniques involved in repackaging of medications and supplies; performance of bulk compounding; receipt, storage, and ordering of pharmaceuticals and preparation of certain sterile solutions.
- Thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical nomenclature including generic, trade, and chemical names of medications; standard abbreviations (including Latin); strengths; dosage forms of pharmaceuticals; and pharmaceutical systems of weights and measures.
- Skill to perform pharmaceutical calculations relating to proper drug quantities, days' supply and correct dosage.
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of pharmacy equipment including tablet and capsule automated counting machines, automatic bottle filling machines for liquid, blending, and agitating machines, maxing vats and filtering devices.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, utilizing various telecommunications and computer programs to provide information and consultant advice to patients and prescribers on drug interactions and side effects and suggest alternative medications.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.Additional information
Important Overseas Information: Applicants interested in applying for overseas locations please click here to review important information regarding the exceptional family member program.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Term Appointments: If you are selected for a term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. NOTE: Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 3 days may be required prior to appointment to this position.
120-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 120-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 120 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference. Noncompetitive applicants do not need to respond to the assessment questions with the A through E responses indicating level of experience/training.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
APPRAISALS/AWARDS: Hiring Managers use objective methods and consider previous performance appraisals and awards in the selection process. Current Federal Civilian employees should list any relevant performance related rating and/or awards in your resume.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: When job announcements indicate PCS costs are authorized, overseas allowances may be authorized in accordance with Department of State Standardized Regulation (DSSR) and any applicable Federal Overseas Regulations.
Selectees who physically reside permanently in the U.S., the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or Northern Mariana Islands, and the Possessions of the U.S., during the entire recruitment process (application, selection, and acceptance of a formal job offer) and selected for employment in the foreign area are eligible to receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, Post Allowance, Home Leave, etc. (subject to approval).
Selectees who physically reside outside the U.S., the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or Northern Mariana Islands, and the Possessions of the U.S., during any step of the recruitment process (application, selection, and acceptance of a formal job offer) will have foreign area benefits eligibility be determined on a case by case basis.
Not RequiredDrug test required
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Applicants who do not submit required documentation to determine eligibility and qualifications will be eliminated from consideration. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents.
- Online Application: Questionnaire
- Resume: For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week (if part-time) and dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position. If you are a current Federal employee or previous Federal employee, provide your pay plan, series and grade, i.e. GS-0301-09. Current Federal Civilian Employees should list relevant performance related rating (given within the last three years) and/or incentive awards in your resume. Do NOT include photographs (or links to social media such as LinkedIn), inappropriate material, inappropriate content, nor personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number, etc., on your resume.
- Transcripts/Registration/License: If qualifying on education/position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts and if required for the position, submit an active, current registration/license.
- Veterans: If claiming VRA, VEOA or Veterans' Preference - Submit VOW certification memo or copy of the official DD-Form 214, which must include the character of service/type under honorable conditions (i.e., with an honorable or general discharge). This will be annotated in block 24 on member copy 2, 4, or 7 of the DD-Form 214. If you are also claiming 10-point preference and/or 30% Disabled Veteran, you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable).
- Current or Former Federal Civilian Employees (includes current Air Force employees): You must submit a legible copy of a SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action. The SF-50, block 24 must contain "1" or "2" and block 34 must be a"1". Employees eligible under an OPM approved interchange agreement, block 34 may contain a "1" or "2". NOTE: For OCONUS employees who claim eligibility MSP or Family Member Preference, your SF-50 may contain a "3" in block 24 and a "2" in block 34.
- Promotion Consideration: If you wish to be considered as a promotion candidate and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one-year time-in-grade requirements. You will need to provide additional SF-50s which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-Grade, Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old).
- Name/Rank/Grade of Service Member
- Branch of Armed Forces
- Dates of Active Service (Start and End Date(s)
- Expected Date of Discharge/Release from Active Duty
- Terminal leave start date (if applicable)
- Expected character of service/discharge and type of separation (i.e. separation or retirement)
- Must be certified within 120 days of anticipated discharge
- Signature by, or by direction of the adjutant, personnel office, unit commander, or higher headquarters commander.
Performance Appraisals for Current Federal Civilian Employees - Most recent performance appraisals (dated within last 3 years) showing the official rating of record, signed by a supervisor, or statement why the performance appraisal is unavailable.
Awards for Current Federal Civilian employees - List any awards received within the last 3 years on the resume.
Note: Applicant must not submit award SF50s-Notification of Personnel Actions (SF50s).
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
Click on "" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform pharmacy technician duties and assist the pharmacist in the processing and dispensing of prescriptions for both rehgular and scheduled medications.
Not requiredSupervisory status
Help This job is open to
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
Family of overseas employees
Family members of a federal employee or uniformed service member who is, or was, working overseas.
Federal employees - Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
- Individuals with disabilities
- Military spouses
Eligible NAF employees are considered under Hiring Path - "Federal employees-Excepted service"
Associate ScientistNovartisAAA Statement Advanced Accelerator Applications, a Novartis company, is an innovative radiopharmaceutical company developing, producing and commercializing molecular8 hour agoShareColleretto Giacosa, Piemonte
Accounting ClerkUS Department of the Air Force€10 - €11 all'oraDuties Summary About the position: This position is located in the Home Fuels Office on Area F of Aviano AB. Responsibilities Performs double-entry accrual accounting13 hour agoShareAviano, Friuli-Venezia Giulia
Clinical Project ManagerTalent SourceDescription: Are you an experienced Clinical Project Manager in either Verona or Milan, looking to join a great company with a reputation for looking after their1 day agoShareVerona, Veneto
Budget TechnicianUS Department of Defense€37.301 - €48.488 all'annoDuties Summary About the Position: This position is located in Vicenza, Italy Federal employees in Vicenza, Italy are currently entitled to receive a 25% Post Allowance1 day agoShareVicenza, Veneto
Senior Technician Responsible for the Project Management and the Implementation of Energy Monitoring SystemsEURACManagement of all monitoring projects inside the institute – from first design to final dismission Supervision of the involved engineers and technicians, assuring4 day agoShareBolzano - Bozen, Trentino-Alto Adige