Earth Observation Data Processing Engineer
Earth Observation Data Processing Engineer in the Copernicus Ground Segment Operations Management Section, Copernicus Ground Segment and Data Management Division, Earth Observation Mission Management and Ground Segment Department, Directorate of Earth Observation Programmes.
The Copernicus Ground Segment is implemented on a service-based architecture making use of cloud technology to optimise the scalability and performance of the CSC operations.
The Copernicus Sentinel data processors are implemented based on algorithms specified during the pre-launch phase, consolidated and maintained as part of the operations phase.
You will report to the Head of Copernicus and Ground Segment and Data Management Division and will be allocated the following initial duties:
- managing the procurement activities for the re-engineering and maintenance of the Copernicus Sentinel raw data and instrument corrected data processing software leading to ready-to-use cloud-optimised software packages;
- providing expertise on Copernicus Sentinel data format aimed at optimising the handling of the data in a cloud-based environment and streamlining user exploitation (e.g. data cube interfaces);
- supporting the CSC Ground Segment managers in all aspects related to their duties coordinating the specific Sentinel Ground Segment operations;
- interacting with the Copernicus Space Segment teams from the early phases of the HPCM and NG space segment activities to prepare the operational implementation of the future HPCM & NG processing software;
- contributing to the HPCM & NG Space Segment implementation reviews and to the preparation of the integration of HPMC & NG missions in the CSC Ground Segment operations framework;
- managing the procurement activities for the implementation of the HPCM & NG cloud-optimised operational data processing software.
You should have a Master's degree in physics, engineering or Earth sciences with particular emphasis on data processing.
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
The Agency may require applicants to undergo selection tests.
The closing date for applications is 18 December 2020 .
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email [email protected] .
Business Development Manager - SecurityTech Data CorporationIt's rewarding to work at a company where YOU make a difference! If you're passionate about the ever-changing IT industry and enjoy working in a fast-paced,9 minute agoShareSan Giuliano Milanese, Lombardia
IoT Sales ExpertVodafoneRole description The remit of the italian sales team is designed specifically to grow IoT revenues and margin through direct and overlay sales using Vodafone’s9 minute agoShareMilano, Lombardia
Sales Coordinator,CSC SouthStora EnsoAre you the one? Come join us! We are looking for a Sales Coordinator for Division Packaging Materials. This is a 12 month fixed term contract role. As a Sales10 minute agoShareVimodrone, Lombardia
MEDICAL WRITER - FREELANCESprim Italia SrlEvidilya is a CRO (Contract Research Organization) known for its expertise in clinical trials in food, functional foods, food ingredients, cosmetics and medical10 minute agoShareMilano, Lombardia
Internal Combustion EngineSiemens Industry Software S.r.l.We are looking for an intern in the field of internal combustion engine simulations. This internship will be part of the CCM Product Management organization, which works10 minute agoShareModena, Emilia-Romagna